New in File Juggler 1.3.21
Released February 25, 2017
- Minor modifications and bugfixes
File Juggler 1.3.20Download
Released November 01, 2016
- Solves a problem where evaluation of folders wouldn't complete
File Juggler 1.3.18Download
Released September 16, 2016
- Removes a selftest feature intended for the beta only
File Juggler 1.3.17Download
Released August 02, 2016
- Better support for network drives and removable disks. If the folder File Juggler is watching doesn't exist, it will wait for it.
- Solves a problem where monitoring would stop working, and rules needed to be restarted.
File Juggler 1.3.16Download
Released April 04, 2016
- Fixes an error that would cause File Juggler to crash.
File Juggler 1.3.15Download
Released March 22, 2016
- Improved reporting of errors and minor problems
File Juggler 1.3.14Download
Released March 15, 2016
- Nicer layout on Windows 10
- Shows progress in log when examining large folders
- Added more audio variables
- File contents "does not contain" works
- Better reporting of crashes
- The Context menu has been removed
File Juggler 1.3.11Download
Released July 06, 2015
- Evernote authorisation wasn't saved when restarting File Juggler
File Juggler 1.3.10Download
Released May 21, 2015
A minor release, that solves a few bugs.
- Solves problem where configuration file could be placed in wrong location.
- Crash when using the browse button for selecting directories in some cases
- Pdf files are uploaded correctly to evernote
File Juggler 1.39Download
Released September 10, 2014
- Solves a problem where save file would be destroyed in some cases.
File Juggler 1.37
Released August 30, 2014
- A few minor bugfixes and potential crashes fixed
File Juggler 1.36
Released August 11, 2014
- A few bugfixes
- Improvement to date search in "file contents"
File Juggler 1.35
Released August 09, 2014
- Extract dates from pdf, word or text documents, and use them to rename, move or copy files
- Fixed a problem where FJ could miss files, if they could not be read when evaluating them.
- Fixed a problem where deleted rules would not be stopped.
File Juggler 1.34
Released June 14, 2014
- Fixed a few potential crashes
- Rules wouldn't update properly when editing, until FJ was restared
- FJ could skip one or more files, when running a rule from the context menu.
- The same file would be re-evaluated several times. This was especially a problem for "File Contains", because that evaluation can use a lot of resources for big files.
- Move and copy has options to either rename, skip or overwrite, if the target file already exists.
- If audio file doesn't contain tags, it uses "unknown artist" etc. instead of skipping file.
File Juggler 1.32
Released November 02, 2013
File Juggler 1.32 contains several bugfixes and improved stability. No new features, but I recommend upgrading, especially if you use "If file contains" with pdf files.
File Juggler 1.31
Released September 06, 2013
- Problem that can cause FJ to crash when editing rules is fixed.
- File Explorer context menu extension: A problem with re-registering the extension when upgrading FJ, causing the menu extension to dissappear, is fixed for future versions. The problem might persist when upgrading to this version, in that case install, reboot and re-install a second time, and the problem should be gone for good.
- Several minor bugs and possible crashes are fixed.
- File contents condition: Much improved method of reading PDF files.
- File created/modified/accessed condition can be less than something, and you can select minutes.
- Variables for rename/move/copy added: Day, month and year for date variables and Longitude/latitude for gps data in image.
- You can insert variables in target directory for the copy command.
- Option to reset a rule, making it process same files a second time.
File Juggler 1.3
Released April 12, 2013
- Upload to evernote
- "If file contains" condition, that checks contents of pdf files, word .docx documents, and all types of text files.
- Run Command works better, any command you can use in regular command prompt works now
- Solved problem with FJ making the Win+X menu unusable
- Several minor problems fixed
- Interface improvements, making rules easier to create and edit.
File Juggler 1.2
Released January 11, 2013
- Create and use rules from context menu in file explorer
- Run Command action to run batch files, console applications
- Notifies you of updates
- Updates to trial run, trial is no longer limited to 30 days
- Better handling of crash reports.
- Fixed a possible crash when starting FJ
File Juggler 1.1
Released November 30, 2012
- Can extract meta data from audio and image files, and use the to rename files or move to new folders
- Can look up GPS data in image files, and rename files with location in name
- Fixed a problem that could cause FJ to miss files in when monitoring sub folders.
File Juggler 1.0
Released October 01, 2012
- Log view, that shows actions that are completed and queued.
- File preview, that shows the files your rule will catch, as you add and change conditions.
- Rules will remember which files it has processed, so copy and (other actions) won't run twice on the same file.
- Several tweaks "under the hood" to make action execute more smoothly.
File Juggler 0.6
Released August 01, 2012
Beta 0.6 is the second beta release of File Juggler
- Get a notification when your rule runs
- Check for file access date
- FJ would occasionally miss changes in monitored folders.
- FJ would occasionally execute same action twice on the same file, and produce an error message second time.
- Example rules, when FJ is started first time
- Feedback window
File Juggler 0.5
Released July 01, 2012
First beta release of File Juggler